* vektor: Relicensed deinterlacer code written by me under the LGPL.
* vektor: Stop setting the window caption so often. This should be
a significant performance improvement for some users.
* vektor: Fix a bug for cx88 users where it would report that the driver
refused to indicate the current frequency.
* vektor: Add more translations.
* vektor: Update to the latest videodev2.h. This will break using
tvtime with drivers based on v4l2 from before 2.6.0. I hope it
is safe to do this now - we need to since there are some driver
authors which refuse to support the compatibility ioctls.
0.9.15 - Sat Oct 30 11:46:07 EDT 2004
* vektor: It seems that some systems need #include <locale.h>
* vektor: Use ARCH_X86_64 instead of ARCH_AMD64 to follow kdetv.
0.9.14 - Thu Oct 28 22:20:47 EDT 2004
* vektor: Don't show the hue control for non-NTSC-like norms.
* vektor: Improve usability of the menu system when using a mouse.
* inguin: Xinerama: Go to fullscreen on the head that contains the largest
part of the tvtime window.
* vektor: Fixed fullscreen problems with Xinerama and certain window
* inguin: Offer a "Maximum" item in the horizontal resolution menu in case
the capture card can do more then 768 pixels per scanline.
* vektor: Added a SET_INPUT command.
* vektor: Added support for _NET_WM_ICON based on a patch from
* vektor: Removed the "bt8x8 luma correction" feature. It's confusing,
slow, and not really usful in practice.
* vektor: Fixed colour problems for DVB driver users.
* vektor: Change the default process priority to -10 instead of -19,
since using -19 seems just a little excessive.
* vektor: Fixed compile problems by not compiling the C++ code into
* vektor: Increase the max number of mouse buttons to 15 (Mikachu has
a mouse with 11 buttons).
0.9.13 - Sat Sep 25 13:51:13 EDT 2004
* inguin: German translation of man pages.
* inguin: Added code to set the XMLTV language using the command
* vektor: Mute the mixer device on exit to work around noisy capture
* vektor: Save mute state across tvtime sessions.
* vektor: Added code for toggling the XMLTV language using the command
TOGGLE_XMLTV_LANGUAGE. Thanks to Ingo van Lil for the patch.
* vektor: Support toggling PAL-DK/PAL-BG audio mode as a global
setting, and added per-channel support for overriding this
setting. This should solve problems for cx88 users where the
driver cannot identify the audio signal.
* vektor: Added an option for making screenshots "quiet", where they
will not announce themselves on the OSD.
* vektor: Added a compatibility layer for xawtv-remote and the
corresponding _XAWTV_REMOTE window property.
* vektor: Added support for the _XAWTV_STATION window property, which
announces which channel we are set to.
* vektor: Save always-on-top state across shutdown of tvtime.
* vektor: Replaced the OutputHeight configuration with window geometry
support using the --geometry command line option.
* vektor: Removed the tvtime console, it was not really useful and
confusing users when it popped up.
* vektor: Removed support for configurable "modes", which were used
for having things like a special fullscreen mode with a different
deinterlacer. The feature was too complicated to be usable and
cluttered the code, and not appropriate for our 1.0 release.
* vektor: Show the title of the current show from the XMLTV information
in the window title bar if available.
* pv2b: Show the channel number in the window title bar if available.
* vektor: Added code for reading localized descriptions from the XMLTV
file. Thanks to Ingo van Lil for the patch.
* vektor: Fixed an insanely bad race condition in the not-using-RTC
code. This should solve some weird, inexplicable hangs. Thanks
to Roman Glebov for his help debugging this.
* vektor: Add Dirk Ziegelmeier's gcc ports of the greedyh and tomsmocomp
deinterlacers. Removed the now unnecessary wine loader code and the
DLLs from the build.
* vektor: Always keep the mixer device open to work around a weird
problem with the ALSA emulation where it only maintains volume state
during an open and not across sessions.
* vektor: Added a setting called 'audio boost' to control the volume
we set on the capture card itself.
* vektor: Return the magic number 3 when tvtime exits from a SLEEP
command. Useful for writing scripts that do something after tvtime
quits from sleep mode.
* vektor: We now set the aspect ratio hints based on the matte setting.
* vektor: Fixed a nasty segfault when the capture card driver errors out
on the first few frames.
* vektor: We now always mute the sound card on channel change to protect
against all of the broken drivers.
* vektor: Removed MPEG2 support which did not work anyway.
* vektor: Removed SDL, MGA, and DirectFB output drivers, since they are
unmaintained and all have various problems. Removed the command
line parameters for selecting an output driver as well.
0.9.12 - Fri Nov 21 23:29:32 AST 2003
* vektor: Updated with the xmltv memset fix, aspect ratio fix, and
cs and sv translation updates.
0.9.11 - Thu Nov 13 09:39:14 AST 2003
* vektor: Added a NOOP command for helping to kill our default key
* vektor: Renamed 'sharpness' to 'horizontal resolution' to avoid some
* vektor: Don't set our own colourkey, just re-define the system colour
key instead. This lets users change it if they want to do silly
* vektor: Added new commands UP, DOWN, LEFT, and RIGHT. These will help
make the commands from lirc or similar make more sense without
resorting to fake keystroke events. This has the side effect of
changing the binding of left/right to be volume instead of fine tuning.
* vektor: Disabling the wine DScaler module loader on non-x86 architectures.
This should let tvtime compile for some users. Thanks to Helge
* vektor: Fixed the XMLTV code to handle entries where the timezone
does not match the local timezone.
* vektor: Changed fifodir to /tmp. This is both easier for packaging,
and more FHS-correct.
* vektor: Added logic to decode channel names from tv_grab_na.
* vektor: Fixed the screenshot command to be more flexible with
where it takes arguments from, should work for keybindings now.
* vektor: Fixed tvtime-command handling for commands that take
arguments but don't get them.
* vektor: React to button events on release not on press.
* larman: Display the upcoming show name from XMLTV.
* vektor: Added CHANNEL_JUMP as a name alias for CHANNEL_PREV.
* vektor: Document some commands which we forgot about in the man
page for tvtime-command: DISPLAY_MESSAGE, KEY_EVENT,
SHOW_DEINTERLACER_INFO, SHOW_MENU, SET_MATTE, and SLEEP.
* vektor: Save state of the mirror filter across sessions.
* vektor: Save state of closed captions across sessions.
* vektor: Save state of the colour invert filter across sessions.
* vektor: Added a command to set the fullscreen position.
* vektor: Fixed gettext to initialize properly.
* vektor: Fixed bt8x8 detection for V4L2.
0.9.10 - Fri Sep 12 18:18:23 ADT 2003
* vektor: Got rid of the UseVBI config file parameter in favour of
having a UseXDS parameter, and having the VBI code open the
device whenever either XDS or CC decoding is enabled.
* vektor: Fixed device closing for V4L2, fixes some problems with
* vektor: Added a sleep command and sleep timer.
* vektor: Security update for tvtime dropping root privs.
* vektor: Only show the alwaysontop menu entry and fullscreen menu
entry if it is supported by the window manager and output layer.
* vektor: Added the chroma kill filter to the input filters menu,
and a command TOGGLE_CHROMA_KILL.
* vektor: Added a --display command line option.
* vektor: Added XMLTV listings support. Use --xmltv to specify the
* vektor: We now search /usr/lib/win32 for DLLs to be more compatible
with applications like mplayer and xine.
* vektor: Only print frame drop information if signal detection
is turned on. This is because stats will only be reliable
if the signal is good.
* vektor: Add a command RUN_COMMAND to have tvtime execute an
* vektor: Key binding commands can now take arguments.
* vektor: Added a menu entry and command to toggle signal detection.
* vektor: Save the last used audio mode to the config file.
* vektor: Let commands fall back to their default bindings even
if you are in the menu. This makes a lot more sense.
* vektor: Added Ville Syrjala's DirectFB output layer.
0.9.9 - Tue Sep 2 16:28:48 ADT 2003
* vektor: Lots of fixes and features made it into this release
that aren't in this changelog. We should try to improve
that in the future.
* vektor: Added support for runtime frequency table switching.
* vektor: Added save/restore for per-channel and global picture
* vektor: Changed the TOGGLE_COMPATIBLE_NORM command to now
be called TOGGLE_PAL_SECAM. This is both clearer and
more honest about what actually worked.
* vektor: Added a us-cable100 frequency list, which includes
channels over 99.
* vektor: Removed lirc support in favour of just using
tvtime-command. lirc is too difficult for tvtime
packages and configuration seems difficult.
* vektor: Added a tvtime-configure command to reconfigure
tvtime's config file from the command line.
* vektor: Display command now holds the information on
the screen until you click a second time.
* vektor: Added a logo for film mode, visible when pulldown
detection is enabled, and animating when we have
succesfully detected pulldown.
* vektor: Added a command to toggle always-on-top for WMs
that support EWMH's ABOVE layer.
* vektor: Add a command to change the matte mode.
* vektor: Fixes for compilation with uclibc (thanks fihzy!)
* vektor: Change channel if we type more digits than
possible for the current number of channels in the
* vektor: Added a command line and config file option to
set the fullscreen output position.
* vektor: Made the tvtime logo animate.
* vektor: Fixed up and added back the SDL output layer for
demonstrations and testing with fbcon drivers and maybe
some DirectFB drivers.
* vektor: Added support for PAL-60.
* vektor: Added conversion from UYVY to YUYV. We convert
per scanline as we read it from the input. This should
be faster than having drivers convert. Still, this is
only a hack until we update our deinterlacer API to let
deinterlacers provide implementations for either format.
* vektor: Added a special fullscreen window mode (use
--height=full or hit '*' a few times from the default
config). This resizes the window the same as if it
was fullscreen, but does not use override_redirect or
* vektor: Added China broadcast frequencies (thanks to
* vektor: Renamed, rearranged, and cleaned up the available
deinterlacers, making some of them unavailable. This
should improve our usability. Deinterlacers will be
re-added as appropriate: if you were using a deinterlacer
that is no longer available, please let me know.
* vektor: Added V4L2 support, tested with the bttv9 driver.
* vektor: Fixed our screensaver ping code.
0.9.8.5 - Fri Jun 20 10:57:17 ADT 2003
* vektor: tvtime now drops root access before reading any
* nitrogen: Added DirectFB version check to configure.ac
* vektor: Added support for long-format command line arguments
like --norm=pal or --fullscreen. Nice.
* vektor: Added config file options to set window startup
* vektor: Added a colour inversion filter.
* vektor: Compile fixes for non-C99 compilers (argh, we need to
do better on this)
0.9.8.4 - Tue Jun 10 22:26:11 ADT 2003
* vektor: Fixed our metacity check by working around some bugs
in older versions of metacity.
* vektor: Updated the error message for when the XVIDEO port we
want is already in use.
0.9.8.3 - Sun Jun 8 22:48:56 ADT 2003
* vektor: Added mga_vid support and an X output driver that uses
the mga_vid driver.
* psykax: Fixed UHF for Australia.
* vektor: Added a command to mute the mixer volume (fixes 731817)
* vektor: Added a config file option and command line parameter
to set the mixer device and channel. Syntax is
tvtime -x /dev/mixer0:line1 or use the MixerDevice config
* vektor: Added compatible norm switching (fixes 731813)
* vektor: Brought back the tvtime logo (fixes 720432)
* vektor: Mute tag on the OSD now fades out, improving usefulness
when using closed captions (fixes 732487)
* vektor: OSD pixel aspect ratio is now updated on aspect change.
* vektor: We now set the class hint, useful for window managers
like WindowMaker (fixes 733488)
* rmj/vektor: Merged in the latest DirectFB code, and enabled
the code to switch output drivers, but the DirectFB output
driver itself is still disabled.
* vektor: We now switch out of mute mode if the user hits the
* mrallen: Save overscan setting to the config file on exit.
* vektor: Removed the vgasync code until we have something that
can correctly use the vsync.h stuff (it was a bad hack anyway)
* vektor: Added a command to automatically adjust window size to
match the size of the video being displayed.
* vektor: Screenshot now works even if the window is not currently
exposed (fixes 731637)
* vektor: New fullscreen code, based on SDL's fullscreen code with
some from ogle's (fixes 693329, 694455, 693337, 694282, 720300)
* vektor: Don't use Position hint (fixes 732012).
0.9.8.2 - Sat May 3 18:01:30 ADT 2003
* Paco-Paco: Fixed the build.
0.9.8.1 - Sat May 3 10:07:26 ADT 2003
* vektor: Removed some of the fonts we don't use from the dist
* vektor: Redid the screensaver shutdown code to just use XTest
and send fake key events (but in a safe way - fixes 731691)
* vektor: Added a special hack for geometry calculations in
the presence of Xinerama (fixes 726820)
* vektor: Added code to save the network name and network call
letters in the stationlist.xml file.
* vektor: Swapped name and number in the OSD (fixes 730281)
* vektor: Default to single pixel bordered text in the OSD
* vektor: OSD text position now sub-pixel correct (fixes 709500)
* gygy: Fix for multiple lirc commands mapped to one key
* silvaran: Fixed xscreensaver shutdown code
* vektor: Show network name and network call letters in XDS
information (fixes 729588)
* vektor: Fixed documentation for channel_renumber (fixes 729675)
0.9.8 - Mon Apr 28 23:55:41 ADT 2003
* vektor: Used dalias' new quater-scanline interpolation method for
overlay bob (improves quality).
* vektor: Added Australia Optus cable frequencies, for users who want
to avoid using their set-top box.
* vektor: Channel now switches after timeout if you're typing in
a new position number (fixes 721289)
* vektor: Added support for custom frequencies in the staitonlist.xml
file and added a command to save current finetuning as a new
station (fixes 711434)
* krister: Support for commands to be read from stdin for better
integration with freevo.
* vektor: Support added for channel renumbering (fixes 711431)
* vektor: tvtime now frees its shared memory segments (fixes 711470)
* vektor: Fixed some annoying issues with non-square pixel outputs
* vektor: Solved a segfault with the TimeFormat setting (fixes 720429)
* vektor: Fixed data bar rendering code (fixees 632781)
* sfllaw: Moved the fifo out of $HOME and into /var/run (fixes 694685)
* sfllaw: Fifo group is now restricted (fixes 711332)
* vektor: Startup window size is now dependent on pixel aspect
* vektor: Fixed some string memory errors in tvtime.c, which fixed some
random errors on deinterlacer change (fixes 715997)
* vektor: Added a config file option for framerate mode (fixes 693599)
* vektor: Deprecated the FineTuneOffset config file option
* vektor: Fixed a segfault with the closed captioning code
* vektor: We now support audio mode changing (stereo, mono, ...)
* vektor: When input source is changed, we now clear all XDS info
from the OSD (fixes 699810)
* vektor: Auto-adjust now displays on the OSD, making the UI
a bit more intuitive when adjusting settings (fixes 711706)
* vektor: Enabled closed caption decoding (fixes 711424)
* vektor: Support for non-4:3 displays added (fixes 636423)
* vektor: Fixed string rendering where they were being cut off on
the right hand side (fixes 693642)
* vektor: Support for non-square pixel displays added (fixes 690428)
* sfllaw: autoconf cleanups (fixes 711334)
* vektor: configure fails if X development headers aren't found (fixes
* vektor: ENTER added to the command list (fixes 708596)
* vektor: Implemented a wider filter for 4:2:2->4:4:4 conversions
used for screenshots (fixes 715067)
* vektor: Fixed timing, tuner norm, and norm switching for PAL-M
support (fixes bugs 722859, 722091, 722131)
* vektor: Updated timing for NTSC-JP (fixes 720502)
* vektor: DScaler filters are now installed on make install (fixes
bugs 715053, 720457)
* MipsIrv/vektor: Finish up the XML work for config files
* vektor: Man pages are now installed (fixes bug 720431)
* vektor: No longer write past the end of the number string (fixes
* vektor: Screenshots save to $HOME, print a message to OSD on
* vektor: Wrote a videofilter object, and sped up luma correction by
* mrallen/vektor: Added an insanely useful pause command for debugging,
defaults to I_END (fixes bug 715068)
* vektor: Fixed a small memleak in the screenshot code
* vektor/diz: Added a new filter for the CC data written by diz. It's
definitely better than the crappy averaging mess that was there before,
but it should probably go through another revision before we release
* vektor: Time and network information is now right justified (fixes
* vektor: Default to using locale information for the time format (fixes
* mrallen: Previous channel info not lost when you change to the same
channel you're already on
* vektor: Text rendering is now subpixel correct (fixes bug 632781)
* vektor: Rewrote the text rendering code (fixes bug 693642)
* vektor: tvtime now doesn't render output when the window is obscured or
hidden (fixes 705989)
* vektor: Added console app 'tvtime-command' to send commands to a running
tvtime instance using the fifo.
* vektor: configure.ac now fails if X isn't found.
* vektor: Enabled DScaler DLL filters, added the wine directory.
* vektor: Completely removed the scanline bias code, I don't think it's
the right hting to do.
* vektor: We now depend on libxml2 in our configure script.
* vektor: Enabled the console code.
* batchall: Stations are now saved in ~/.tvime/stationrc. Happy editing.
* vektor: Added Seli's kwin fix for ogle's fullscreen code.
0.9.7 - Wed Feb 26 21:58:13 AST 2003
* vektor: Added a temporary and nasty hack to avoid fullscreen problems
with KWin from KDE 3.1 (avoids bug 692137)
* vektor: tvtime now creates the ~/.tvtime/tvtimerc file on startup
* vektor: tvtime now creates the ~/.tvtime directory on startup
* vektor: Fixed screenshot code to handle the XVideo Bob filter
* vektor: Added back "newzealand" at least for 0.9.7 (fixes bug 690983)
* vektor: Removed the scanline bias feature until I determine if it's
actually a good idea
* vektor: We no longer grab mouse and keyboard on fullscreen, as this
has problems with ewmh (no alt-tab away from a fullscreen app) and also
with multi-head displays. We still need to decide what to do when the
virtual res is smaller than the display (fixes bug 691707)
* vektor: We now show the cursor on motion, hide it on inactivity.
* vektor: Limit to 4 buffers from the card, even if they provide more.
This fixes a/v sync issues (fixes bug 691629)
* vektor: Europe-east is now just part of the 'europe' frequency map.
If you are just using the OIRT frequencies and UHF, you can also use
'russia' (fixes 640620)
* vektor: More confident about the australian channel map (fixes 650055)
* PunkeR: Added numeric channel commands for better lirc support
* vektor: Added commands for scanline length bias and overscan
* vektor: Added a channel scanner that rocks sooo much
* vektor: We now set the window and palette with V4L before using mmap
mode. This should solve some issues with V4L drivers other than bttv
* vektor: Fixed a bunch of OSD crap relating to inputs with no tuner, and
some unnecessary error messages will be avoided
* batchall: Added a more flexible station subsystem. Deactivated channels
are saved now, more to come
* vektor: Moved fonts and graphics into the data directory
* vektor: Increased the version number of the deinterlace plugin API
* vektor: Removed the mlockall() call, I don't want to bother with
that right now
* vektor: Added the 'XVideo Bob' equivalent to DScaler's 'scalerbob'
plugin (feature request 642661)
* vektor: Added the SECAM-DK frequencies ("russia")
* vektor: Officially re-enabled the EWMH code from the ogle
fullscreen handler wm_state.c
* vektor: Reverted to previous frequencies.h format
* vektor: Added a half-framerate mode, default key is '='
* xlnx-x: Added a previous channel button
* vektor: We now exit properly on window manager destroy messages
* vektor: Added a configure check for Xinerama (bug 636424)
* vektor: Fixed the input frame height for PAL-M, should be 480 not 576
(fixes bug 646494)
* rascasse: You can now specify the startup deinterlacing alg (fixes 635005)
* vektor: You can now change the default process priority in the .tvtimerc
using the ProcessPriority value
0.9.6 - Thu Nov 14 16:37:25 AST 2002
* bitstream: Added the -m switch to start fullscreen (bug 636044)
* bitstream: Added configurable OSD colours to the tvtimerc.
* vektor: We now drop root priviledges if tvtime is setuid root and run
as a normal user (bug 630210)
* vektor: Redid a bunch of the default key bindings.
* vektor: Added our own XVideo output module, using fullscreen and VidMode
code from Ogle. This may give better performance.
* vektor: Removed SDL and DirectFB output drivers from the distribution
* vektor: We now use XF86VidModeExtension, if available, to choose our
fullscreen mode (bug 628290)
* bitstream: Added support for muting of the TV card instead of muting
the master mixer volume: MuteTVCard option in the tvtimerc (bug 633222)
* rascasse: Added a man page for the tvtimerc file to the docs directory
(still not installed or in the dist, part of bug 633042)
* rascasse: Added an RPM spec file to the docs directory
* vektor: Added a hack/fix for a resize loop that was occuring. If
you resized the window it would start wildly resizing itself for a
while. Seems to not happen anymore here.
* vektor: Added support for fine tuning of channels (bug 630598)
* vektor: Improved the warning messages for tuners that are silly, this
makes the warnings less offensive for saa7134 users (bug 633039)
* bitstream: OSD clock updates while on screen (bug 628186)
* diz: Postscript code for credits listing
* vektor: Added credits listing, updated the credits
* bitstream: Support for multiple key bindings (bug 633043)
* vektor: Tuner code does not search for a channel with an active
frequency anymore, solving some hangs on systems where channels are
sparse (bug 629275)
* bitstream: Whitespace ignored at end of config file options (bug 633048)
* vektor: Spelling updates in the defaults.tvtimerc file (bug 634068)
* bitstream: Mouse button support in the config file, wheel buttons default
to channel up/down
0.9.5 - Sat Nov 2 19:55:45 AST 2002
* vektor: Cleanup of the /dev/rtc handling, can still use /dev/rtc even if
we can't get high resolution timing from it
* vektor: Smoothness improvement, frames are now scheduled at
more correct times. Added a performance tracker object
* vektor: Removed the force-DScaler-defaults on startup for V4L settings
* vektor: Improved OSD display to show more information more consistently
* vektor: Added a poor configure check for freetype2, this should
be improved in the future