|author||Ezequiel Garcia <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2018-06-18 00:38:52 -0400|
|committer||Mauro Carvalho Chehab <email@example.com>||2018-07-24 17:45:08 -0400|
media: mem2mem: Make .job_abort optional
Implementing job_abort() does not make sense on some drivers. This is not a problem, as the abort is not required to wait for the job to finish. Quite the opposite, drivers are encouraged not to wait. Demote v4l2_m2m_ops.job_abort from required to optional, and clean all drivers with dummy implementations. Signed-off-by: Ezequiel Garcia <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Diffstat (limited to 'include')
1 files changed, 1 insertions, 1 deletions
diff --git a/include/media/v4l2-mem2mem.h b/include/media/v4l2-mem2mem.h
index af48b1eca025..d60d3060f762 100644
@@ -32,7 +32,7 @@
* assumed that one source and one destination buffer are all
* that is required for the driver to perform one full transaction.
* This method may not sleep.
- * @job_abort: required. Informs the driver that it has to abort the currently
+ * @job_abort: optional. Informs the driver that it has to abort the currently
* running transaction as soon as possible (i.e. as soon as it can
* stop the device safely; e.g. in the next interrupt handler),
* even if the transaction would not have been finished by then.