News for 1.0.3
* V4L1 removal
* Alsa streaming support
* Compilation fixes, patch backports from other places
* More generic VBI handling
News for 1.0.2
* Add back the missing translations from the 1.0.1 release.
* Allow key bindings to map to noop to disable keys.
News for 1.0.1
* Minor updates that were intended for the 1.0 release.
News for 1.0
* The cx88 driver cannot detect the PAL audio mode (BG/DK/I),
and attempts to reverse engineer the Windows driver have failed.
tvtime now allows users to select between BG/DK/I mode in the
UI to help work around this driver limitation.
* By default, tvtime now assumes that pixels are square. This
avoids problems with many misconfigured X servers.
News for 0.99
* Test release for 1.0.
* Major bugfixes and cleanup.
News for 0.9.15
* Compile fixes.
News for 0.9.14
* Improved the usability of the menu system when using a mouse.
* Fixed some problems with Xinerama and fullscreen.
* Streamlined the default set of key bindings.
* Show an icon in modern window list applications.
* Fixed colour problems for DVB driver users.
* Changed the default process priority to -10 instead of -19.
* Fixed compile problems with new gcc versions.
News for 0.9.13
* Added support for changing the default language read from XMLTV.
* Added support for PAL-BG/DK audio mode switching.
* Added an audio boost setting for controlling capture card volume.
* Fixed a bunch of critical bugs.
* Removed the SDL, MGA, and DirectFB output drivers.
* Removed the unfinished MPEG2 support and the unreleased recording
News for 0.9.12
* Minor bugfixes from 0.9.11.
News for 0.9.11
* Fixed gettext to initialize properly.
* Improved our XMLTV on-screen-display.
* Display the upcoming show name from XMLTV.
* Changed fifodir back to /tmp.
* Lots of documentation improvements.
* Fixed lots of bugs.
News for 0.9.10
* Added program listings using XMLTV. Use with --xmltv=filename.
* Added commands for chroma kill, sleep timer, and enabling or
disabling signal detection.
* Added the matte mode setting to the menu.
* Added a DirectFB output layer by Ville Syrjala.
* Significantly lowered the size of the tvtime helper executables.
* Various menu system cleanups.
* Fixed a ton of bugs.
News for 0.9.9
* Added a full menu system for configuring tvtime.
* Simplified deinterlacer names and provide online help for them.
* Unified OSD appearance across all television standards.
* Support for saving picture settings both globally and per-channel.
* Finetune settings saved per-channel.
* Support for the V4L2 DVB driver and bttv9 for PAL-60 support.
* Added a channel scanner application 'tvtime-scanner' that outputs
to the 'Custom' frequency table.
* Native support for UYVY input from the rivatv driver.
* Removed lirc support in favour of using tvtime-command.
* Fixed remaining screensaver, Xinerama and fullscreen issues.
* Many other new features and bugfixes.
News for 0.9.8.5
* Some root safety improvements.
* Added support for long-format command line arguments.
* Added config file options to set startup window position.
* Compile fixes for non-C99 compilers and older DirectFB versions.
News for 0.9.8.4
* Fixed to work with metacity in RH 8.0.
News for 0.9.8.3
* Support for norm switching between "compatible" norms for areas
which receive both SECAM and PAL format stations.
* Added support for the mga_vid driver for the Matrox G200/G400
series cards from mplayer.
* Semi-experimental of the X code for better fullscreen support under
many window managers. Testing appreciated.
* Support for changing the mixer device and channel (see 'man tvtime'
and the config file documentation).
* Slightly less partial experimental UTF-8 support. Now works with
any simple left-to-right scripts which are in FreeSansBold.ttf .
News for 0.9.8.2
* Fixed to compile on older gcc versions (blame pv2b).
News for 0.9.8.1
* Alot of minor bugfixes.
* Partial EXPERIMENTAL UTF-8 support. Only works with UTF-8
characters that are also in ISO-8859-1 (Latin-1).
News for 0.9.8
Users of tvtime 0.9.7:
The default key bindings and configuration file format have
significantly changed in this release of tvtime. Please see the
documentation for details on using tvtime 0.9.8.
Also, some command line options have changed or become unavailable
(no more -w, use -H instead). Please consult the tvtime man page.
* New XML config file format for both the tvtime configuration,
and the station list.
* tvtime now has two distinct half-framerate modes: top-field-first
frames, and bottom-field-first frames. This helps with manually
deinterlacing 2-2 pulldown or progressive content.
* Added support for preset 'modes', which can set the deinterlacer,
window size, fullscreen setting and framerate mode.
* Added support for custom frequencies in the stationlist.xml file,
and a runtime command to add a new station from the current
* Added some DScaler DLLs and a wine layer to load these deinterlacer
plugins directly without porting to Linux. This gives us the
following new deinterlacers:
GreedyH DScaler: Greedy - High Motion
Greedy2Frame DScaler: Greedy - 2-frame
TwoFrame DScaler: TwoFrame
TomsMoComp DScaler: TomsMoComp
VideoBob DScaler: Video Bob
VideoWeave DScaler: Video Weave
We had our own ports of videobob, twoframe, and greedy2frame,
but they were found to be buggy. Our ports are currently disabled.
* Added the ffmpeg vertical deinterlacer filter.
* Support for multiple audio channels (stereo, mono, lang1, lang2).
* Included a bunch of fixes for PAL-M support.
* Added a slave mode for freevo integration.
* Various speedups, quality improvements, and bugfixes.
News for 0.9.7
* Moved config files into a new config file directory ~/.tvtime
* Reworked the frequency tables, merging europe-cable, europe-west,
europe-east all into 'europe'. Added the 'russia' frequency table.
* Added a channel scanner. F10 walks through the channel list and
disables inactive channels.
* Added the 'XVideo Bob' deinterlacer filter.
* Added lirc support.
* Added the overscan feature.
* Added hardware support webpage.
* Added a half-framerate mode ('=' to activate it).
* Fixed alot of bug reports.
News for 0.9.6
* We updated the tuner frequencies, please make sure you're up to
date with our naming.
* We added alot of keymaps, so we also changed some of the default
* tvtime now shows a blue screen if the tuner reports no signal.
Please let me know if this exposes any problems.