Diffstat (limited to 'Documentation/serial/riscom8.txt')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 36 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/serial/riscom8.txt b/Documentation/serial/riscom8.txt
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,36 +0,0 @@
-* NOTE - this is an unmaintained driver. The original author cannot be located.
-SDL Communications is now SBS Technologies, and does not have any
-information on these ancient ISA cards on their website.
-James Nelson <firstname.lastname@example.org> - 12-12-2004
- This is the README for RISCom/8 multi-port serial driver
- (C) 1994-1996 D.Gorodchanin
- See file LICENSE for terms and conditions.
-NOTE: English is not my native language.
- I'm sorry for any mistakes in this text.
-Misc. notes for RISCom/8 serial driver, in no particular order :)
-1) This driver can support up to 4 boards at time.
- Use string "riscom8=0xXXX,0xXXX,0xXXX,0xXXX" at LILO prompt, for
- setting I/O base addresses for boards. If you compile driver
- as module use modprobe options "iobase=0xXXX iobase1=0xXXX iobase2=..."
-2) The driver partially supports famous 'setserial' program, you can use almost
- any of its options, excluding port & irq settings.
-3) There are some misc. defines at the beginning of riscom8.c, please read the
- comments and try to change some of them in case of problems.
-4) I consider the current state of the driver as BETA.
-5) SDL Communications WWW page is http://www.sdlcomm.com.
-6) You can use the MAKEDEV program to create RISCom/8 /dev/ttyL* entries.
-7) Minor numbers for first board are 0-7, for second 8-15, etc.
-22 Apr 1996.