Diffstat (limited to 'Documentation/x86/x86_64')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 14 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/x86/x86_64/boot-options.txt b/Documentation/x86/x86_64/boot-options.txt
index e015a83c3996..e9e8ddbbf376 100644
@@ -91,20 +91,6 @@ APICs
apicmaintimer. Useful when your PIT timer is totally
- syntax: earlyprintk=vga
- The early console is useful when the kernel crashes before the
- normal console is initialized. It is not enabled by
- default because it has some cosmetic problems.
- Append ,keep to not disable it when the real console takes over.
- Only vga or serial at a time, not both.
- Currently only ttyS0 and ttyS1 are supported.
- Interaction with the standard serial driver is not very good.
- The VGA output is eventually overwritten by the real console.