Diffstat (limited to 'Documentation/x86/x86_64')
1 files changed, 3 insertions, 13 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/x86/x86_64/boot-options.txt b/Documentation/x86/x86_64/boot-options.txt
index 01150c64aa73..7fbbaf85f5b7 100644
@@ -170,19 +170,9 @@ NUMA
If given as a memory unit, fills all system RAM with nodes of
size interleaved over physical nodes.
- If a number, fakes CMDLINE nodes and ignores NUMA setup of the
- actual machine. Otherwise, system memory is configured
- depending on the sizes and coefficients listed. For example:
- gives two 512M nodes, a 1024M node, four 256M nodes, and the
- rest split into 128M chunks. If the last character of CMDLINE
- is a *, the remaining memory is divided up equally among its
- gives two 512M nodes and the rest split into two nodes.
- Otherwise, the remaining system RAM is allocated to an
- additional node.
+ If given as an integer, fills all system RAM with N fake nodes
+ interleaved over physical nodes.