1 files changed, 14 insertions, 12 deletions
diff --git a/arch/x86/kernel/setup.c b/arch/x86/kernel/setup.c
index 79f164141116..40ed44ead063 100644
@@ -830,6 +830,20 @@ void __init setup_arch(char **cmdline_p)
+ * Do some memory reservations *before* memory is added to memblock, so
+ * memblock allocations won't overwrite it.
+ * After this point, everything still needed from the boot loader or
+ * firmware or kernel text should be early reserved or marked not RAM in
+ * e820. All other memory is free game.
+ * This call needs to happen before e820__memory_setup() which calls the
+ * xen_memory_setup() on Xen dom0 which relies on the fact that those
+ * early reservations have happened already.
iomem_resource.end = (1ULL << boot_cpu_data.x86_phys_bits) - 1;
@@ -876,18 +890,6 @@ void __init setup_arch(char **cmdline_p)
- * Do some memory reservations *before* memory is added to
- * memblock, so memblock allocations won't overwrite it.
- * Do it after early param, so we could get (unlikely) panic from
- * serial.
- * After this point everything still needed from the boot loader or
- * firmware or kernel text should be early reserved or marked not
- * RAM in e820. All other memory is free game.
* Memory used by the kernel cannot be hot-removed because Linux